Merry Christmas - what was your favourite gift? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Merry Christmas - what was your favourite gift?

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas break!  What was your favourite gift?

My husband and I decided not to buy for eachother and so we made our presents, he made me a bracelet and I made him a little book with the story of our relationship.  Tears all round!

So tell us about the best gift you got!
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi Sam, my favourite is a gift from my disable mum  who is stroke survival this year ( my sister bought it ). It is grey open jumper and the other favourite gifts are books I both myself book written by NICK VUJICIC,  book about art therapy and little book of calmness in my native language. I look forward for free time to read now. What was your best gift than. 

• Sam_Alumni
    They sound like lovely gifts! 

I often like to give experiences rather than things to people, so things like theatre tickets, gig tickets or a day out.  We have so much 'stuff' these days that sometimes its nice to get a thing to do rather than a thing to keep.
    Scope
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

@Sam_Scope

I got a set of hoops, 250 coloured threads, a metre of cotton to practice on, embroidery needles and an embroidery kit, which turned out to be a cross stitch kit. All from my daughter.

I used to do a lot of embroidery when she was little, and she used to have a lot of unique clothing. She remembered them and asked mum why I stopped, which was due to the shops I got my threads from shutting down.

Best presents I have had in a few years. Now I just need to find the time to start practicing again.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Oh fantastic!  
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    I received a large glass bottle..... some gravel... some pebbles... and a voucher for plant shopping....

I miss gardening so much and have been enjoying sorting plants for our aquarium so my husband bought me everything a need to make an indoor bottle garden!
  • Sam_Alumni
    edited January 2017
    That's so lovely @mossycow :)
    Scope
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

@mossycow

If you miss gardening, or can no longer access your garden this doesn't have to mean then end of gardening for you.

http://www.urbangardensweb.com/

This site has been running for a few years now but is awesome, and I cannot even grow mould. You need to look around but there are all sort of ideas for indoor gardens. Using the Categories search is probably the easiest way to get around, I would recommend the container gardening and no do gardening categories for some good ideas.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness