Cerebral Palsy and Arachnoiditis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cerebral Palsy and Arachnoiditis

nmcmurdo
nmcmurdo Scope Member Posts: 8 Courageous
Hi, I'm a 57 year old male. I have Managed through life with Cerebral Palsy (which is a shortening of my right leg and very limited use of my right arm, which also tremors).

i am married and worked in an accounts office environment for 34 years. About 7 years ago I starting falling more and my left leg giving way.  I was then diagnosed with Arachnoiditis, which was put down to the use of Myodil  used when I had a Thalanotomy about 50 years ago.

now I can hardly walk 10 yards or stand for a minute before my left leg gives way.

i was wondering if there are any 'Scope Members' with similar issues and can give comment/advise how to manage this as I am struggling to do so.
  Thanks, Neil
Hello,  I am Neil, a 64 year old with Cerebral Palsy which affects my right sire.  This is hampered by arachnoiditis which mainly affects my left leg,
I worked in an accounts office od a newspaper publisher for 34 years but have not worked since being made redundant in 2011.  I have been involved with a number of projects (currently an ambassadore on Euans guide and a beach wheelchair project in Berwickshire), and ride with a disabled riding unit.

Comments

• jodowen
    jodowen Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Neil and thank you for sharing your experience
    I have no experience of Arachnoiditis although I can imagine that the condition must cause you immense physical and mental distress particularly with your Cerebral Palsy to contend with. I am keen to follow your journey and to learn more about this chronic condition so I will be watching this space closely.
    Hopefully there are other members on the forum who are going through similar experiences and can share their successes with you.

Brightness