Pip assessment results — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment results

shazzirvine7180
shazzirvine7180 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited December 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi
i am so so hurt and so angry. We got our decision today and felts of assessment and most of her results are pure lies 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazzirvine7180 I am sorry you are feeling so hurt, do you want to talk more about it?  There are lots of people on here who have been through the PIP process.  
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi shazzirvine7180 

Sorry to hear about the decision. It is important to note that if you disagree with a decision you can challenge it and the first stage in doing so is to request a mandatory reconsideration. There is some good information about how to do that here: challenging decisions. You have one month from the date of the decision to request a mandatory reconsideration.

I hope that helps and please post back on here if you need any advice about making a challenge, it can be difficult and stressful process but we are here to help.

Best wishes

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

• shazzirvine7180
    Hi guys
    thank you so much for replying to me. I have sent the letter today asking for the mandatory reconsideration following the steps on your advice page. Hopefully it will all work out. I know I shld just be grateful my husband got the pip even thought it was the low rate but I was just so annoyed that the report did not reflect in any way the assessment that took place in our home. 
    This site has been fantastic and let us see we weren't the on,y people to feel this 
    I will keep you all posted 
    sharon x
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Good luck Sharon

Let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes

Paul
    The Benefits Training Co:

• shazzirvine7180
    Hi guys
    well I received a phone call today from the dwp to say they had looked at my mandatory reconsideration request. They said my complaint seemed to be to very directed accessors report being untrue so I must phone capita and out in a complaint. I did phone the number given and explained everything g to the capita customer service. They then told me that no they no longer had the case and if the complaint was about the content of the report I must take it up with the dwp. I must phone them back which I did. I did get a lovely guy on the phone who said he cldnt understand capitas reply nd he would be looking into it. 
    I am now so confused and very frightened that by starting this whole 
    process I will have mad things more stressful and complicated for my husband :(
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You are not obliged to make a complaint to Capita because their report was untrue.  Most PIP assessors' reports are full of lies and discrepancies and I don't think that many people make complaints to the assessment companies.  What people do after mandatory reconsideration is appeal to a tribunal and in their appeal application they point out the lies and discrepancies in the assessor's report as part of their case for appeal.
  • Angel40
    Angel40 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Hiya, had this twice myself. First last year in tribuneral and again this year. Atos are full of lies to make you come off pip. My fiance has numerous disabilities and hes lost it this time i think to save the government money. Try to complain in writing to dwp. I have and going to report it to the ombudsman. Also get your mp involved. My mp is dealing with it and then going for compensation. Am hoping tribuneral gives our money back :
  • Angel40
    Angel40 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Its all time consuming but its right that i follow through to the end :-(
  • shazzirvine7180
    Hi matilda
    thank you for your reply. I have now been told the mandatory reconsideration has been deferred and put on hold until dwp look into capitas refusal to look into my complaint about the assessors report. I really don't know what will happen now 
  • Matilda
    Hi @shazzirvine7180 - at least DWP seem to be taking your complaint about Capita seriously.  Hope that the issue of the complaint doesn't take too long to be dealt with and you get the mandatory reconsideration.  Though I understand that in practice DWP mandatory reconsiderations rarely result in any change at all.  But people have to have a mandatory reconsideration before they can appeal to a tribunal.
  • shazzirvine7180
    Yeah I read that too Matilda. To be honest we have never appealed or questioned anything before and if we had of just got the letter with the decision we probably wou,dnt have given it a second thought but it was when we read all the scoring and comments from capita on the following page. I just cldnt believe it. It in no way whatsoever reflected the assessment which took place in our home. 
  • shazzirvine7180
    Hi angel40 it is an awful situation to be in and I really feel for you. Like it actually has me questioning myself and the who,e process :( and then I have the fear of putting my husband through any more stress. He is awaiting surgery on an annurism which has grown in his head. 
  • Matilda
    Yes, @shazzirvine7180, it's galling how assessors think they can get away with telling blatant lies and half-truths.  When I first got my award letter (standard rate both daily living and mobility) I wasn't sure if I had the strength to appeal.  But I decided that I wasn't going to let the assessors/DWP get away with telling bare-faced lies.  So am awaiting a tribunal hearing date.  Even if my PIP isn't increased, at least I'll have given the DWP a run for their money.

Though it's a hassle, I'd recommend that in due course you go on to appeal to a tribunal because over 60% of appeals are successful.  We should not settle for getting less PIP than we think we deserve without a fight.
  • shazzirvine7180
    Exactly Matilda. It's the blatant lies which are so hard to stomach. I look at my husband who is a shadow of his former self and he let that woman come into our home and trusted her and opened up to her only for her to turn it all and write complete lies. 
  • Matilda
    Appeal tribunals must know by now that assessors routinely tell lies because they have heard the complaints so often.  The PIP assessment system needs a complete overhaul - but I won't hold my breath on that one even though the present system is corrupt and cruel.
  • shazzirvine7180
    And I was told today if I really believed the report was not true to fact they may choose to re assess. That would just wreck my husband 
  • Matilda
    Yes, shazz, one assessment is bad enough, let alone two.  Might it be better to withdraw your complaint - I don't think the DWP can stop you?  And then get the mandatory reconsideration over with so that you can appeal.
  • catchacold2
    catchacold2 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited January 2017

Hi shazzirvine7180 

Sorry to hear about the decision. It is important to note that if you disagree with a decision you can challenge it and the first stage in doing so is to request a mandatory reconsideration. There is some good information about how to do that here: challenging decisions. You have one month from the date of the decision to request a mandatory reconsideration.

I hope that helps and please post back on here if you need any advice about making a challenge, it can be difficult and stressful process but we are here to help.

Best wishes

Paul

Hi just to add to this sound advice. It is always best in my experience to also ask for a copy of the assessors report asap as this may help to highlight the points that are disagreed with.
    An MR can be made prior to someone receiving and reading this report but the decision maker must be asked to not make a reconsideration until the claimant has had a chance to read and possibly present further evidence. ( It is advisable to communicate this request in writing)
     I also see the figure of 60% success rate at mandatory reconsideration being used a lot. I think people should be informed that this success rate can differ according to the presented disability that is being reviewed.
    For (example only) cases dealing with M.H mandatory reconsideration has a much lower success rate than the 60% quoted figure.

• rainbow58
    rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    i asked for a copy of the assessors report and couldnt believe the lies ,it claimed i was observed to lay some documents on the floor !!everything i said i had difficulty doing -according to him i had no difficulty,Claimed that I had no evidence of deformity in my hands-yet it was my hands that lost me my job in 1998(in part).IT said that "i was capable of reading and understanding complex signs because "i went to school".!!!and these "complex signs" were symbols on the doors of public toilets.!!!

it is clearly obvious that the report is lies,every justification on mine for each activity said exactly the same thing and none of which applied to that activity
    i was previously on DLA-low care-indefinite for 18 years-how can they dismiss this.i am sure i am not the only one,
  • rainbow58
    rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    i wrote to ISA to complain and not upheld-got some **** about it being out of their hands-their assessors are fully trained in disabilities etc etc -and they cannot rule as it is not known what was said,it doesnt need to be the report says it all.

i need help with lodging a complaint-dealing with the DWP -can anyone help,?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.