feeling alittle down.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

feeling alittle down..

ZaraWrites
ZaraWrites Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi, my name is Zara -i have spastic diplegia cp..i've been feeling alittle down lately..

What do you do to make yourself feel better when your feeling down? 

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@ZaraWrites how are you doing? I have MS and it sounds a little boring but I like to watch a good movie. I turn the lights off and eat my popcorn and just watch the movie and forget about everything for a little while. I also like to come to the lounge here at scopes to talk to all of you interesting people. Check out the lounge. It's a great place to make friends.
  • ZaraWrites
    bam said:
    Hello@ZaraWrites how are you doing? I have MS and it sounds a little boring but I like to watch a good movie. I turn the lights off and eat my popcorn and just watch the movie and forget about everything for a little while. I also like to come to the lounge here at scopes to talk to all of you interesting people. Check out the lounge. It's a great place to make friends.
    Hi Bam,
    Im good thanks, hope your well too.
    A movie and popcorn sound good!
    I will check out the lounge. Thanks :)
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    edited January 2017
    @zaraWrites What kind of movies do you like? I'm a horror movie kind of person
  • ZaraWrites
    edited January 2017
    bam said:
    @zaraWrites What kind of movies do you like? I'm a horror movie kind of person
    I like adventure/comedy type of movies
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ZaraWrites sorry to hear you're feeling down.

When I am down, I make an effort to do something nice that I enjoy.  I know it may sound silly, but I just bought a jigsaw for myself because I find I spend so much time staring at a screen, I wanted to give myself something to do, just for me that is screen free! 

I also make sure that I reach out to my best friends when I am down to plan something nice to do, even if it is just a takeaway and a movie on the sofa.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    When I wake up feeling overwhelmed...  I've found that not thinking big helps.  I'm a 'big picture'  person... I think about what's next,  what's next week etc....  But that causes so much anxiety as I don't know what I'll cope with. 

SO.  I now think only an hour ahead (sometimes!)  as above. I think I am going to get dressed in this next hour etc... 

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    I digress s...  Sorry.  For an immediate pick me up I listen to Radio 4 comedy.  Or play a little piano. 

I have chronic pain so have coping strategies.  Sound helps,  any extra stimulas seems to block pain a little especially speech. So I have radio 4 on fairly constantly and it makes me smile. 

Brightness