Not sure what to do next — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what to do next

ShaunRobert1234
ShaunRobert1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Did you acquire your impairment as an adult?.

Comments

• ShaunRobert1234
    ShaunRobert1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Developed IPF as a Adult in 2007. Had lung transplant in 2014.  Not a cure, many side effects of medication which I find hard to deal with. Had to give up work after managing to get back due to being off sick a lot.  Pick up aii the bugs.  Lost DLA, refused pip. Mental health not good, Struggle getting up stairs or carrying anything. Only real difference is I do not need Oxygen and can walk a little better, Also had Colitis from the age of 14 , Colon and large intestine taken out at 32,  Now have leakage from back passage, Always need to know where there is a loo.  Not even sure if I am registered disabled anymore since DLA . My kidneys are also failing along with a host of other problems. Not sure what to do next. In anger I have ODed on insulin once lucky for me I had used slow release and there was not a lot units in the file. right at that point I just picked up the first syringe and injected.  Pressure I do not seem to be able to handle anymore and have been informed Pressure is the last thing a transplant patient needs.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @ShaunRobert1234,

I've moved your comment to a new thread. 

I really appreciate the offer to help with our new information product, but I think the best thing for you might be to give our helpline a call - 0808 800 3333 -to discuss the above. 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ShaunRobert1234 I have colitis too and had my colon removed, when you say you have leakage I was just wondering, do you have an ostomy or an internal pouch? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness