World's best cities to travel to if you're disabled - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

World's best cities to travel to if you're disabled

2»

Comments

• Les
    Les Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Well that was interesting. I called them and had a great chat and got the name of the hotel, that was first on the list.
    They said the area around was flat, etc. The Hotel itself had wide lifts. They have a adapted rooms, with Wet Rooms etc, so sounds perfect.
    The Travel company said that they arrange everything, including the support needed to get people on board etc. So it is a bespoke holiday rather than a package holiday. There are so many airports in the Uk that you can fly from. They  will also arrange the hire of  things like hoists etc, but that is an extra cost.

So a breakdown of one weeks holiday for high season, being school summer holidays is around £4300 for 4 people, 2 rooms, one of them adapted, including flights and private adapted transport to and from the hotel. They will arrange with the flight company for assistance at the airports and getting on and off the plane. Half board.

Personally, if they did all of that, then £2400 for 2 people in an adapted room, with all the above, would seem to me, to be not that bad.
    In June/July it would cost around £1800 for 2 in adapted room.

From what they told me, it is the best hotel for dealing with people with more severe disabilities.

Anyway, this is the hotel. It is called Hotel Helios, Benidorm. which is an accessible beach hotel. http://www.hoteleshelios.com/en/home/helios-benidorm/services-costa-blanca/

So you could look and see if it would be any cheaper doing it yourself.

Trip Advisor says https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187525-d264419-Reviews-Hotel_Helios_Benidorm-Benidorm_Costa_Blanca_Province_of_Alicante_Valencian_Country.html

Is that any help,@nanof6 ?
  • Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Hi all, Fm here. I wonder what those baking hot places are like in the winter when it's not even warm never mind hot. I wonder if you can get some great rough sea trips anywhere there. That's if you can find anywhere to stay in the winter when there would be far less demand. And have you seen those inside video's of some cruise ships in storms on you tube with all those chairs and tables and even a dangerous heavy piano all sliding about? That could kill someone. There's no excuse for anything like that, it's been known for thousands of years that the sea gets rough sometimes so the stuff should all be properly fastened in place so it can't go lurching about and put people in danger of serious injury or worse and all that stuff sliding about could even make the ship seriously unstable, just what you don't need in a storm at sea. Fm.
  • Les
    Les Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    The answer is to get in your cabin and enjoy the ride :smiley: smiley:

Brightness