What is a "support group" in ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is a "support group" in ESA?

debbie68
debbie68 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was on esa but had to go for a medical assessment, they keep sending me there every yr, but my medical will get worse and not much better, they have now taken me off esa and have put me on a "support group" but I don't quite understand what it means, can anyone help

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@debbie68 welcome to the community. My name is Bam. This is a great Community with a lot of love. If you have any questions about your benefits you can scroll down to categories and find the benefit advisor and you can ask them. They know everything and are willing to help at any time. Don't worry yourself. Just take a deep breath and ask them your question
  • wheelygirl
    wheelygirl Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    I think it means that basically means that you can't work and that you know longer have to keep having the same conversation about wherever you're condition is going to get better to the powers that be hop this  helps 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debbie68 I found this about support groups on the Scope page about ESA

Support group

The test has a list of activities and descriptions relating to physical and mental, cognitive or intellectual functions. If you satisfy at least one, you're thought to have limited capability for work-related activity and will be placed in the support group.

People in this group:

• get a higher rate of ESA
    • are protected from the benefit cap
    • do not have to do specified work-related tasks
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.