Lost — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost

norrms
norrms Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
LOST..........................

Have you ever got lost ? Have you ever stopped the car after a wrong turning and thought ? Where the heck am i ? As you look around nothing seems familiar, you dont recognise anything? Even though you might have driven the same route so many time`s, just that one wrong turn has now completely thrown you?

Then you realise you may be late for wherever it is your going, your eyes strain to make sense of your surroundings, your heartbeat goes a little quicker and sweat starts to appear on your brow, "Should you ask directions ? Or will that make you look daft ? Especially if where you are going is just around the corner, you sit there and begin to panic a little............................

Have you ever been on holiday and lost your bearings ? You look for the landmarks you said would remind you on the way back, nothing comes to mind as you walk up and own a street you are sure you have just walked, then suddenly a thought enters your head! OMG Wheres my car? You think you know where you parked it, but you cant remember because its a strange town, a strange place, you start to panic, the WHAT IF`S start to race through your mind

What if its been stolen
What if they find out where i live ?
What if they find the spare keys to the house ??

I have so many friends and family , who should i ring? or will it just make me look like an idiot if i tell anybody???

SOUND FAMILIAR ????

Now, IMAGINE BEING DIAGNOSED WITH DEMENTIA !!!

Welcome to MY WORLD !!.....................................

Cc Norrms Mc Namara
Diagnosed with dementia nine years ago, have a wonderful family and so many beautiful friends

And yet ? I STILL FEEL LOST

Please share

Comments

Brightness