Pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain

Mol
Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
Can anyone tell me if they get the same type of pain as me? I get nerve pain going through my neck, arms, and and legs. I get muscle pain through my arms and legs and I get the best way I can describe it is crippling pains through my neck shoulders and arms. I have had surgery to replace C5-C6 Vertebrae discs, but I have had these pains for years and doctors always say mechanical pain, when I get these pains I cannot even lift a cup or do anything with my arm. I am taking Tramadol and Naproxien pain killers but all they do is ease throbbing pains in my head and have no effect on the pains in my neck, shoulders or arms. I work but have been kept awake due to the pain, I also have sleep apnea and wear a CPAP mask.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mol
    Hello mumof3boys thanks for your reply, I tried gaberpentin I started on a low dose and kept increasing as doctor prescribed, I starting turning into a zombie on the higher strength tablets and they did not help with the pain. When I was in hospital they gave me oramorth  it would send me to sleep for a few hours but I would wake with the pain in my neck, shoulders and arms. I also had a steroid injection in my neck which also ended up making the pain worse and that was before my operation. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • Mol
    I am due to see the surgeon this week, I have been putting a list of questions together so I can ask him. I had seen a member of the surgeons team 6 weeks after surgery, they could not see the MRI scan pictures as there was a problem with their computer system. I was told I would be going to have Xrays done when I go back this week before my appointment. I have had these pains for over 5 years but now they are so bad they keep me awake a lot of the time. I have got a pump up cervical neck brace which is the only thing that when I put it on and pump it up it takes the strain away from my neck. It is what I have to sit up with to fall asleep. They are one item I can highly recommend that actually helps cervical problems, and are cheap to purchase.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Mol
    I cannot lay flat or lay on my right side, I have 4 pillows to and my soft pump up brace to cushion my neck, I just cannot get rid of the pain. I will  hopefully get some answers when I see the surgeon later in the week. 
  • Mol
    Hi mumof3boys I have some answers now, after nearly 4 years of complaining about the pain in my shoulders and neck, I had surgery last year to replace C5-C6 Vertebrae discs. I went hospital this week still in severe pain so they sent me for Xrays on my shoulders, they found that they are covered with arthritis hence all the pain. I have been given new tablets called Amitriptyline.

Brightness