Basic PiP, what else am I entitled too? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Basic PiP, what else am I entitled too?

oashia
oashia Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
good morning all, I've been awarded basic PiP, I also have to work full time, so I cannot claim benefits, is there anything I'm missing out on? Thanks.

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @oashia, I've moved your post to our benefits advisors' category, who may be able to offer you some advice. you might also like to try our online benefits calculator.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hello Oashia

From your post have you received the standard award of PIP, and is this for both daily living and mobility?

Even if you work full time if your (and/or partners) wage is low then you may still be entitled to benefits, such as Working Tax Credit.  This is because Working Tax Credit can be paid to people who work at least 16 hours a week and have a disability.  As Chris above has said, the Scope website has a benefit calculator which may help you find out if you are entitled to any other benefits.

If you receive standard rate mobility, depending on what points you received you may also be automatically eligible for a blue badge.

If you receive daily living of PIP and you receive help from someone.  This carer may be able to claim Carers Allowance. 

Regards

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• Thelma
    Thelma Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    About to receive pip paper they sed wait 7 days that's Tomoz.     I hav beef on disability indefinitely but this week sent letter saying now to change over I got my money thru an appeal with a Ben advisor present.   But alas no more in my town 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi Thelma

It sounds from your post that you are in the process of moving from receiving disability living allowance (DLA) to having to apply for a benefit called personal independence payment (PIP). Is that right?

PIP is gradually replacing DLA for existing claimants and it sounds to me like you are waiting to receive the forms which will give you an opportunity to tell the DWP how you are affected by your illness or disability. One of the big differences between PIP and DLA is PIP is based on how points you score. You can find information about PIP and links to other pages that go into more detail on the points here

Sadly, a lot of places that offered help and advice with benefits are no more as a result of funding cuts but there is still some help available and you can search using this link. Also it is worth contacting your local council or your MP to see if they know of any help available in your area. You can find out who your MP is by clicking here

Finally, remember you are not alone, the process you are going through is affecting most claimants so please post back on here with any questions and we will do our best to advise you.

Best wishes

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.