attendance allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

attendance allowance

noracnorac
noracnorac Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi I'm looking for some help to get my sister to get attendance allowance she is profoundly deaf lives alone and suffers from menieres she has been turned down given them more information but don't know what to do....

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello @noracnorac hello and welcome to the community. I'm personally really encouraged by your sister's determination. If you scroll down to the category section you will find the benefit adviser. They really know what they're talking about and they would really love to help your sister.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @noracnorac,

Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration?
  • noracnorac
    Alex hi yes .....I asked for a mandatory reconsideration they took some more details and I'm waiting for the outcome.....Alex things are very difficult at the moment I myself are bed bound after sustaining a tibia plateau fracture and have my sister living here as I have nurses coming and going ....and my sister cannot be left on her own....up to now we have had a flooded kitchen and a near fire because she left food in oven she couldn't her the tap or the oven....feeling a little desperate can you help.....
  • Alex
    I'm sorry to hear that, things sound really tough.

I think the best thing to do would be to give us a ring: 0808 800 3333 - it's free and open 9-5 on weekdays, and we'll be able to help work out what support you might be able to get.
  • noracnorac
    Thanks Alex,will ring tomorrow if that's okay....

• noracnorac
    Hi Alex, just wanted to let you know I rang today and spoke to a lady who was very helpful called Nichola.....Thankyou....
  • Alex
    Great! Thanks for the update.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.