Study on Pressure and Posture Management for Wheelchair Users — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Study on Pressure and Posture Management for Wheelchair Users

LeighRebekahAbbott
LeighRebekahAbbott Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2017 in Research and opportunities
Hi, my name is Leigh Rebekah Abbott and I am are currently recruiting wheelchair users to take part in a survey. 

The results of this survey will be passed on to the Posture & Mobility Group (http://www.pmguk.co.uk/) to help occupational therapists better their understanding of communicating certain features on peoples wheelchairs. 

The online survey is from the University of South Wales under the supervision of Dr Dan Bowers and Dr Rachel Taylor.

We are funded by the Posture & Mobility Group to investigate wheelchair users opinions about the features of their wheelchairs and how they are using these, as well as seeking information about the wheelchair user to prevent issues such as pressure ulcers and to manage their posture with/without any features that have been prescribed to the wheelchair user by a clinician. We are also interested in how wheelchair users see themselves in comparison to other wheelchair users and what sort of friendship and social groups they consider to be part of.

If there are any wheelchair users (manual or powered) that are interested in completing this survey, please find the link below to participate.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KCVP675

We are also recruiting participants to be interviewed in relation to the above. I can arrange Skype interviews. If you are a wheelchair user and are interested in being interviewed, please do not hesitate to contact me (details are provided below).

Kindest regards,

Leigh 

Leigh Rebekah Abbott

Senior Research Assistant

University of South Wales

Email: leighrabbott@outlook.com
Phone: 01443 483637
Twitter: (at)USWPPMP
Facebook: @LeighRebekahAbbott

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.