my money was stopped when everything change to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my money was stopped when everything change to pip

chalmers
chalmers Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my money was stopped when everything change to pip i did appeal once and then gave up my condition is getting worse and im thinking of re applying but i was on high mobility before and middle care what is the chances of getting it now as i was turned down when it change to pip thank you x

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited February 2017
    Hi charmets, nice to see you here, sorry to hear about your problems. The existing system is really bad. Anyway I hope you will find more advice from the @ScopeHelpline, @BenefitsTrainingCo

Please can someone advice here. Thank you. 

Iza 
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @chalmers, I've moved your post to our 'benefits advisors'' section, as they may be able to advise you.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Chalmers

I am sorry to hear what happened when DLA changed to PIP.   Given what happened it is understandable that you are unsure what to do, despite your health becoming worse.

You should reclaim PIP.  This is because your condition has become worse. There is no guarantee that PIP will be awarded but i would encourage you to reclaim.  In addition, it is not uncommon for people to be refused PIP when transferring from DLA, but still at some later point go on onto be awarded PIP.

Did you have help completing the previous PIP application form? If not, it may be worth seeing if a local advice center, such as Citizens Advice can help you complete the form. 

Secondly, when you receive a decision that you disagree with you can challenge the decision, first by lodging a Mandatory Reconsideration and if this is not successful you can lodge an appeal.  

You said that you appealed the decision that gave you no award of PIP, and then stopped.  Did you lodge a Mandatory Reconsideration? and was this unsuccessful, at which point you stopped challenging the decision? If this is the case, what is the date of the Mandatory Reconsideration decision that said you were not entitled to PIP? I ask as i am wondering if for example a late appeal could be lodged against the original decision to refuse PIP.

Good luck
    Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• chalmers
    chalmers Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited February 2017
    Hi thank you for your advice i went to citizens advice today and they are going to help me to fill in the forms when i get them i will let you no what happens 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.