Looking for someone with visual impairments to help with dissertation project. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for someone with visual impairments to help with dissertation project.

Options
JakeJonesPlymouth
JakeJonesPlymouth Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello,

My name is Jake Jones, I am in my final year at Plymouth university. For my final project and dissertation I am looking into the potential assistance that 3D printing can provide for people with visual impairments in day to day life. More specifically I am looking into how electronics and 3D printing can give a further field of view. My project is very much in its first stages of experimentation, but with help, could develop into something with genuine purpose.

I am looking for someone to help me with this idea. If you would be interested in helping me with my project I would be so grateful, I will need someone who has a relatively open schedule and open to experimentation of abstract concepts. Early on there will be a lot of prototyping, but the project should grow quickly, moulding to your specific requirements and your wants, as with 3D printing, the possibilities are huge.

If this interests you, then please feel free to contact me:

Email: jake.m.jones@students.plymouth.ac.uk

Sincerely,
Jake Jones 

Comments

• Ajk110
    Ajk110 Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    Options

Hi Jake,

Thank you for your post. The VI community are very active on social media and I can think of one very large Facebook group in particular that a lot of people have used to reach out to the VI community. It’s called British Blind Community.

I wonder if you can try to be more specific as to some potential uses of this technology. I understand your scope is broad but there are infinite ways daily life could be assisted and a few starter ideas might help give the discussion some focus and encourage interest. I wish you the best of luck.

Brightness