Would I qualify for PIP and blue badge? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I qualify for PIP and blue badge?

Options
Foster53
Foster53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone advise me? I'm 64 and still working full time - mostly due to the fact I have a car to get me to and from work. I have severe emphysema and had lung reduction surgery on my right lung in August 2016. This has improved my breathing so that I don't wheeze but I still have severe emphysema in my left lung and COPD. I also have osteoarthritis in my neck, spine and hip. Would I qualify for PIP and a blue badge?

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @foster53, welcome to the community. I've moved your post to our benefits advisors' section, as they may be able to help advise you on this.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Foster53

PIP entitlement rules are related to the way your condition affects you rather than the condition/diagnosis itself. And so i suggest you do a self-test to see if you qualify and you can do this via the Scope PIP page here.

One thing is sure though, and that is the age rules. To qualify for PIP you must be under 65 when you start the claim. And so you should be mindful of this and should consider making a protective claim before you are 65 if you think you might qualify. You can do this by calling the PIP claimline on 0800 917 2222.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.