Seed Planted — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Seed Planted

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Hi @DannyMoore Jesus had time and compassion for all people, many times people with disabilities are mentioned in the bible, Jesus was mentioned as having compassion for these people amongst others.

The message that runs through the bible is to treat people as we wish to be treated, also don't judge lest we be judged, and God accepts and loves people of all backgrounds colour creeds and abilities. 

I think it's up to us ourselves to feel strong and able.
    As long as you feel strong in yourself, there's no 'disability' that can change that. 

Incidentally I'm agnostic..! 
  • [Deleted User]
  • joannarashelle
    Howdy @DannyMoore I read the Bible between the ages of around 15 to about 35 ( it didn't take that long though it can be heavy going..!)

Made alot more sense the older I got and quite relevant to today's breakdown of society in many areas.

Though I'm agnostic I'd rather read scriptures than some of the drivel that's out there, the Bible can be comforting whether a believer or not,

Maybe you caught the church members off guard; I'm sure they'd want to answer your questions at least they should try.

There's so many questions I could ask as regards things in the Bible, though they say One needs to have faith and accept things through their faith, though I suspect you may be like me and question everything!

Hope you find the answers you seek, I'm still seeking, 'why' is my most used word I think!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2017
  • joannarashelle
    Hi @DannyMoore your posts give me great comfort and support; I don't have any family that support me or help me, I lost my dear Dad when I was 28 he would've supported and advised me as he always did and my beloved mum has Dementia. 

My my sisters have never really been 'sisterly' and by spending most of my life living with and working with animals I have few friends, and the ones I do have I don't share my stuff with, they just wouldn't get it and think I'm crackers. 

It's the reason I recently joined this site.

To connect with people like me as we with Auitsm can feel so very isolated and alone in what can be a frightening and challenging world, well we know the world itself is beautiful it's the thoughtless people in it that wreck it and give us fear. 

So Thankyou for your posts and your words, the first time I've felt accepted (apart from with animals) in my life is on here, and what you say about yourself always questioning resonates with me. 

Thank goodness for the thinkers in the world. 

I hope reading the bible continues to give you comfort in what can be an uncertain world to live in, for people like me and you 

Joanna x 

• [Deleted User]
  • joannarashelle
    You took the words right out of my mouth 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2017
    @DannyMoore
    I don't do this often, but believe you would benefit from it. http://dsq-sds.org/article/view/988/1164

It is a frank and honest look at the traditional teaching concerning disability, but then goes on to look at new way theological way of viewing disability. I believe you will see it as an opportunity for further study and a way to challenge the traditional views and offer a viable alternative. 

I do believe that it will explain why people were uncomfortable with the question. I am not saying that this is how they necessarily view disability, but centuries of teaching can be difficult to shake off.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited March 2017
    Hi @DannyMoore

I can answer your question with just a second without even studying the Bible. 
    All disadvantage pople are very unique as their  are very special  due to different experiences in life.
    And yes all of us been gifted by God with talents. Sometimes, it is discovered early in the childhood sometimes it is discovered during our journey of life. 
    Some of us are rich in many talents some are gifted one. 
    It does not really matter as long as we discovered and know what it is and what to do with it and how to use it. 

Lots of people say about God and importance of God in life but people missing point that God created planet Earth (as is seen by many as a mother Earth) so lifting hand towards God  people should still think  not forget that their feet touch a solid grand where the energy come from and without the ground they would not exist.  
    Respect the mother Earth the same way you respect the Universe (GOD). 

Iza 

Brightness