Hi, my name is helen999! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is helen999!

helen999
helen999 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, I am currently undergoing various medical assessments and investigations and working on amended duties instead of my usual role as a paramedic. I was diagnosed with M.E in Dec 2016, POTS in Jan 2017 and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome in Feb 2017. I am at a crossroads and need to decide on which way to take my career as it is becoming clear that my paramedic role is going to be too physically demanding. I am hoping to gather information from here to help me make the right decisions.

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    helen999 Welcome Helen your condition with being them many complex parts it could be from face spine hands legs. Now the sound of it is it getting better because you will find with it being a rare inherited condition it can effect also the connective tissue. It is not to clear to delve as the concern you have can you continue with the work you are doing and this is the point I am making yes you are at the cross roads which is understandable. It would be wrong for me or anyone only the organisation to get in touch with which they are the experts on this rare condition of which how far as it got. Please refer to
    Ehlers-Danlos Support UK if I remember rightly you have a forum and other site where you have a list of names who have the condition who can point you to the correct destination and advice.. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helen999 welcome to the community.  Are there other roles within your department that would suit you better? Are your work being supportive?

If you weren't doing this role, what would you like to do? Is retraining an option?

You might like to look at the Employment and Finance group.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness