Hi, my name is Sslaxx! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sslaxx!

Sslaxx
Sslaxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I'm joining at the behest of @JuliaMick. I'm a 39-year-old guy with Aspergers, diagnosed about 25 years ago, and been a member of a social group called ASPIE for a few years now. Which has transformed my life in ways that I didn't expect.

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Hello @JuliaMick It is surprising in the celeb world who also have or had Susan Boyle, William Gates, Michael Palin, not forgetting Alfred Hitchcock. When you can find a good group by the sound that you have. Although it is a neurobiological disorder that can effect several areas hidden disability the average to above intelligence is well proven. Although it may effect the speech mildly also specific learning but make up in other areas. But it is good to express your self to make aware to friends amongst us to gain knowledge and meaning.  
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sslaxx and thank you @JuliaMick for inviting new members! 

What is your group like? How has it helped you?

You might like to read the ASD group too.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sslaxx
    Sslaxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    How has it helped me? Well, been pretty much a life changer really.

Not so isolated any more, and the people there understand where I am coming from. It's a good group of people, from quite a wide area (Ross-on-Wye to Solihull to Warrington). Quite a varied group of people there. It's large enough to have a football team in a local disability league, and they're doing pretty well for themselves too.

It's also helped me through a social enterprise it runs, Wits End Wizardry, a web site design business. Business is slowly picking up, which is very handy.

Brightness