Pip assessor - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor

Comments

• Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    HI Wildlife,
        what hope do we all have when these people just lie all of the time!! I am pleased you are willing to share your story with me. Refarding sending the private messages I don't know how that works. I did have a few messages from Alex in admin who said it has to be turned on. He was tryig to do that for me, but nothing seems to work.
    If anyone can help on this please let me know because I am not allowed to put my e mail up on the public forum. This is very frustrating as there are a few of you want to message me now.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Thank-you Matilda I will check these out tomorrow. My MR was turned down so now have to decide whether to go to tribunal or stick with what I've got, standard rate on both. I think you mentioned ICE in 1 of your posts, is there a complaint dept. for DWP before you can contact them?  Maybe the above literature will help answer some of the questions I have about DM's who change descriptor wording to stop you being eligible. Hi Justice. Can I suggest you ring Scope's helpline to ask how we can PM you..
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi wildlife.  I am not familiar with ICE.  Sorry to hear that your MR was turned down.  I wasn't sure whether to stick with the standard rates I was awarded or go to appeal.  I decided to go for appeal - don't want to let the DWP get away with reducing benefits without a fight.

Are you asking if you have to complain to DWP before you can go to ICE?
  • johnny100
    johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    First of all I dont know what ICE is.What you also need to realise is that if your condition/s get worse you can submit medical evidence at any time to your existing claim and ask the DWP if this evidence would have any bearing on your award.You mention MRI scans,is it that your doctor has refused to send you.have you told the doctor it is for evidence for your PIP claim/My own doctor has helped me for all MRI scans,Neuro consultants.pain management.morhine patches.whatever i needed for my claim.   . 
  • Justice
    when I go with my Husband for his WCA I will make sure I ask what qualification the assessor has, and if possible get their registration number. This forum is such a hello. I have just found the handbook for WCA assessments ( I know alot of you are talking about PIP. We will no doubt have that one to face soon as well, once it pops through the door.
  • Justice
    not such a hello, lol I meant to say such a HELP
  • wildlife
    Hi Matilda, I know ICE stands for Independent Claims Examiner and DWP are on their list of organizations they deal with. However they will only take a case on when you've complained to DWP first. I wrote to HCPC which made me feel better. Johnnie I'm waiting for an MRI scan of my right foot. I've got a Neuroma in my left foot, that's an inflamed nerve and peripheral neuropathy. DWP don't seem to know what that is. It causes tingling, numbness and affects balance but according to them I can step over the side of the bath and holding  on to a shower rail with both hands I can wash hair and body with no help. Now who's a clever girl! I also have upper body nerve damage from whiplash in 2 car accidents and other spinal probs. I got my Physio. to do strength tests and write a report which shows the MSO results the assessor wrote to be wrong but DWP are ignoring this even though I told them evidence from the same Physio company who I was referred to by the GP was used in 2010 for DLA. I've been awake since 3.30am this whole thing is a nightmare. I will probably go to Tribunal but need a couple of weeks to do some research and organize getting more evidence. Although the MR kept the same standard rate for both the reasoning was unusual. She said she'd decided to go ahead to give me chance to go to Tribunal as if it was a foregone conclusion that I would. She acknowledged all I'd told them about the assessor and her report but wouldn't comment except to say if the ATOS complaint results in a change of "MEDICAL ADVICE" she would be notified.(ATOS are not supposed to diagnose). She finished by saying if I had any more evidence before the Tribunal I could send it to DWP and she'll look at it again and that's after the MR. So all is not lost.
  • johnny100
    I also have spinal problems L1 L2 L4 L.I have been to a neuro consultant as I also have trouble with my feet,they are sore and something to do with nerve endings all as a result of my back problems,so I have been advised.You say you can wash hair etc on your own,looking at what you have said you should not be holding onto anything,You could fall ,slip etc.The more evidence you have the better but this is not always the case,these assessors do what they want.   .
  • Matilda
    edited March 2017
    There is also the time factor.  PIP legislation, repeat, legislation, states that a person must be able to complete a task reliably to be considered able to do it at all.  One of the reliability criteria is that the task must be completed in a reasonable time (not more than twice as long as it would take a non-disabled person to complete the task).  All reliability criteria must be met.  If the person concerned cannot meet all of the reliability criteria, then they must be considered as not being able to complete the task at all.

Atos and DWP ignored the reliability criteria in my case.  This forms the basis of my appeal for enhanced rate daily needs.
  • jofish
    jofish Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Which isnnt ng to get better how hey can send you for a pip essessment      
  • Matilda
    Because DWP want to try to find loopholes to reduce or remove benefit if they can!  And assessment companies are there to help DWP achieve this aim by telling lies!   Therefore, both the DWP and assessment companies are corrupt.
  • wildlife
    Johnnie, I cannot wash my hair or do anything because I have to hold on to the rail, I was being sarcastic saying I could. I had 4 falls last year but that's not been mentioned either in their reasoning despite me describing them in detail on Q.15 of the claim form. They were all caused by loss of balance so if I fall in the bath while struggling on my own who is to blame. Who do I SUE?  
  • johnny100
    do you live on your own or got a partner who could help you in and out of the bath
  • wildlife
    Yes I've got a partner. I can't use the bath as I can't lower myself into it or pull myself out even with help. They have all the evidence for medical conditions that make this impossible. I have to shower but it's over the bath so I can't step into it wash and get out without help. I described a typical shower in every detail in my Reconsideration but it didn't make any difference. The 1st decision was based on having a bath which I'd never mentioned and the MR says I can manage with aids i.e. rails. Hence the sarcasm of having to wash and hold on at the same time. I'm waiting for an OT assessment which I'll chase up on Monday. They only sent 1 copy of the Mandatory Reconsideration letter. They're supposed to send 2 so you've got one for the Tribunal. Hey ho onwards we go.        
  • Matilda
    Have you got a bath/shower stool, wildlife?  I was awarded 2 points for being able to have a bath but needing to sit on a stool.
  • wildlife
    I tried one once a few years ago and couldn't get down and back up as it's too low. My leg muscles are very weak. That's on the Physio evidence they're ignoring. I was assessed in 2014 by an OT as only being able to shower and DWP are accepting that but are going to stick to what the assessor said until there's any change. I doubt the ATOS complaint will change anything unless they offer me another assessment. Don't know what I'd do as I don't trust any of them. I've read a lot today about the new regulations but still don't know if Case Managers as DM's are now called should still use the old rules for claims before 16th March. I do know that you can't hold a rail with both hands, the only aid I've got, and wash at the same time. Not unless you've got 4 arms. :)   
  • sundontshine123
    sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    I had my assessment 9th feb and recieved decision last saturday.
    I have gone from enchanced pip to nothing because of the assessor and not do job properly and lies.
    I have MH problems phoned pip up before to tell them assessment with MH team is beg of march, hoping that they would cancel f2f till after assessment but man said just tell assessor in your f2f.
    we were left waitin 30/45 minz assessor came out her room with coat and bag thought she was going home until receptionist told her we was waiting.
    we then was rushed into her room all she could talk about was she thought she was going home and its her day off next day.
    My daughter did all the talking tryed to give assessor appointment letters for MH assessment ent and a pain clinic letter assessor did not want to read any or take them threw enevelope at us said send direct to DWP. She managed to loose list of medication in process of assessment also, took photo copy of my day to day thoughts and fears which was never submitted  in report.
    Through my paranoid thoughts and anxiety i could not talk only to say yes/no daughter spoke for me.
    got letter refused pip so i put in for an M R and did it from the decision makers account as i did not want to focus on assessors report. i phoned for report on monday last week and recieved it wednesday last week super fast compared to other peoples wait for report.
    it has loads of made up stuff saying i had pressured speech wich was hard to interrupt even though i said only yes/no then went on to say i only mubbled few words no mental health problem showed and at bottom of each descriptor copied pasted low moderate anti depressant cilitropram and no M H support on every discritor.
    Said i wore glasses i dont did the msk test which refused to do as obssesed about germs and people laughing pointing spying on me and hear voices telling me to be ready.
    I stopped driving my manual car which was never asked not worked 5 years never asked
    also said not suicidal which i am
    can only use public transport which i never said to paranoid plus be danger to public if i had melt down.
    then on back pages says review in 5 years as might get better but not.
    obviously the report is not worth anything show there was lack of attention when written and goes to show decision maker did not read it either.
    I have written a M R and asked them to look at decision
     sent urgent fax day after my mental health assessment from them to my doctors saying suffer from
    ocd
    depression
    anxiety
    paranoid thoughts
    and wanted me to have different medication.
    I have now stopped taking as i feel more worse than i did in the first place and suicidal continously.

• johnny100
    you really need to send a letter to ATOR or Capita,whoever did the assessmrnt as well as the DWP ,these letter must be sent registered post so at least you know they will be received,you need to call as well to tell them you are sending them a letter fully explaining what your complaining about..
  • trike
    trike Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    sundontshine. I hope someone can help you appeal. It's disgraceful how they lie. Let's hope they never suffer has we do.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.