Every day is stressful, exhausting and fighting battles — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Every day is stressful, exhausting and fighting battles

shazza06
shazza06 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Mother of  3.. Oldest son (  17) has asd,  high functioning.  
2nd is a 16 yr old daughter 
3Rd  is. 9 yr old with adhd,  possibly other issues.. Every day is stressful,  exhausting and fighting  battles...
Youngest  has issues at school.whereby school aren't supporting g him and want him out so I'm the one fighting  the system so my son gets the help he deserves  whilst trying to hold down a full-time job!!

Comments

• bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    @shazza06

Im a fellow forum member.

I too like you and many more have been a victim of the reduction in spending and a breakdown of social justice.

I have an Aspergers diagnosis as well as dyslexia.  I used to work as an SEN supply teacher.  Now my work has been taken away apparently due to spending cuts.

Our son has an Aspergers diagnosis too.  We have had to fight tooth and nail to get propper support in his Primary School.  

We know exactly what it is like dealing with the poorly funded poorly staffed often inapropriately qualified infrastructure.

Im sorry that you are hoing through this.  You are not on your own sadly it is happening all over the UK.

The SCOPE online comunity has a dedicated ASD advice forum.  Try there for help with specific issues?

There are plenty here and out there who know what you are going through and how wrong it is that you are not getting the support that you require.
  • sydchamley
    sydchamley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Pleasespeaktome

• Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hi. Yes. Sympathies! Life can be a battle sometimes. But we're in this together!? :) My children both have different kinds of need, are 10 and 12, and I am in the neurodiversity bracket somewhere myself. My husband recently gave up his job due to depression. Things can build up on you. I don't want to sound unhelpful & cheesy but it sometimes helps me to think It: you've coped this far! Parent Partnership with Barnardo's have been really good for us in the past but that was ages ago and I am not sure if the exact role still exists or what replaced it. 
    Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom
  • Kathy_Bramley
    The scope helpline, the ASD part of the forum, other organizations such as Cerebra, NAS, Contact A Family, Carers Resource and Young Minds and Parent line...who go through to Samaritans at later hours of the day...who are there anyway...  But I rarely ring helplines and contact people. 
  • Kathy_Bramley
    I let my fears and pride and general awkwardness affect motivation and pick battles sometimes... :-/ But reaching out can be so hard, so excruciatingly frustrating, like pulling teeth sometimes. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kathy_Bramley
    Check out SIBS as well. x 
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering

Brightness