Help with starting a new business - what grants are available? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with starting a new business - what grants are available?

garethd38
garethd38 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a 38 Hyatt old man with ptds and mental health issues quiteare quite serious, of love to opt a small dog grooming shop as I'm a trained dog groomer and I love what i do, I need help and advice on what I can do and what kinda of grants I can get to help Start me off in business,

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @garethd38 welcome to the community.  There is some information here that might help about The New Enterprise Allowance which is a government scheme which helps people gain access to business advice and help with funding. This scheme offers a weekly allowance worth up to £1,274 and you can also get a low-cost loan to help you with initial start-up costs along with a mentor to help you develop your business. You must be aged 18 or over, have a business idea and get one of the following benefits:
    • Jobseeker’s Allowance (or your partner does)
    • Employment and Support Allowance (or your partner does)
    • Income Support, if you’re a lone parent or you’re sick
    • You may also be eligible if you get Universal Credit.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    There is lots of information about the Access to Work scheme here too.  Best of luck, let us know how you get on!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.