Computer games vs Real life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Computer games vs Real life

Kathy_Bramley
Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
edited April 2017 in Coffee lounge
I spent all night playing Animal Crossing on the Wii. Theres is something about it. I also enjoy just mopping up the studs in Lego lord of the rings. Why is it easier but somehow motivating both online and offline. Or feels reasonably like it might be. Animal Crossing has it's downside but it has weird social skills practice and aspects that feel like they have a lot of similarities to household management. Does anybody get what I mean!? 
Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom

Comments

• H25
    H25 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    I get what you mean. Sometimes I find it hard to invest the same level of effort in to real life as I do into the same rather  mundane task on a game. I feel a sense of pride in seeing something through to the end in the virtual world. And try to remember that same feeling when doing some boring chore around my flat. 
    I'm not sure what you meen by (some what  motivating both online and offline) but i  do agree with you on the social skills practice aspect. I play a game called Ark survived evolved. And within the group I play with I hold a fairly senior role. And I love it. I have responsibility, I have to be reliable and have to make decisions regarding the management of our little tribe.  It has given me the chance to be a functioning and valuable member of a team. And it has taught me some really valuable lessons.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    After my accident I started playing ESO and kinda enjoyed escaping for a time while playing. Now Xbox1 gathering dust as no one going to stop me getting out and about. Took me along time to come to terms being Disabled to be Honest I hated being called it and  said so and eventually  accepted it and from then on Not Looked back. Still once in a blue moon like to dust off Xbox and play but getting less n less often. Great points you guys and posts too. 

Lee 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Thanks for the response, people! 
    Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom

Brightness