Favourite hobbies, films and books? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite hobbies, films and books?

iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome to the coffee lounge - A place to chat.

Comments

• iza
    This sound quite good. I love drinking tea with lemon. 
    Perhaps everyone would like to share how they spend free time,  share favourites hobbies, share links to watch for free good films or recommend interesting books/ articles. 
    By the way I live in London. 
  • iza
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxmEd9lcn0k&list=PL4DA255D940C9C795&feature=share

This is song which gave me a power. 

films :  The Theory of Everything
                Mood Indigo
                Hector and the Search for Happiness
                Men, Women & Children
    All of them I watched on you tube. 

Please share with me yours tittles or links. 

Have a great day. 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    My favourite films are True Romance and Finding Nemo (a bit different there!) 

I love reading non-fiction, I like feminist books and science and innovation books.

Hobbies: I have an allotment that I love working in, I also knit, go to a lot of gigs, I like dog walking and I have just rejoined the WI.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    So many good films to choose from - My favourite films are Pulp Fiction, Blue Valentine, Grand Budapest Hotel, Limitless and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (going for a bit of variety too)

My favourite books are The Hobbit, Neil Gaiman The Ocean at the End of the Lane and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon 

With the Golden Globes on 8 January and the Oscars in February- Who gets your vote?

I think Arrival and Sully should be in for a shout. 

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Favourite films - I like classic films: The Manchurian Candidate (1962); The Third Man; The Fountainhead.

Don't really have favourite books but favourite authors, including:  Graham Greene; Kazuo Ishiguro; F Scott Fitzgerald; Henning Mankell; Jo Nesbo.
  • iza
    Hi All, 
    That sound all nice. Any of recommended films by you I have not seen yet. I will try to work out on my time over weekend and see something available on you tube. :) Have a fab day. Iza 
  • iza
    edited April 2017
    Hi, 

Just to share with those who love reading. Two books which can inspire many.
    First is written by Jim Hohnberger "Men of Power". Written especially for men. In this book  we can find out why men are created to picture GOD and what really their role of life is (especially in relationship with woman).
    The book is perfect for people who also looking for perfect relationship in their life as Jim explains the   priorities orders on which each relationship should be build up. Jim Hohnberger use the quotes from Bible to underline the strength of men in our lives. 
    I personally found the book very interested and I do agree to this book contest. It was interesting for me to read how  the author  advice others.
    I think that  for the first time I read book mostly written for the other gender. 

Worthy to check it out personally. 
    Fully recommended. 
    I

The other book I  managed finally to finish is written by disable international, motivational speaker Nick Vujicic "Limitless".
    Nick share in his book with his personal story of life from early childhood to the moment he becomes  professional speaker. Nick is traveling all over The World to support all people including  communities from developing countries were people leave in poverty, luck of food, where children are  left without any parental support. Nick aims  to bring the awareness that somewhere else in The World are people who suffer more than we are here. 
    Nick share also with us his journey to make impossible possible and shows us that no matter disability we can learn to overcome physical, mental barriers and learn new sports disciplines, use technology and so on. 
    I really recommend this book to empower you. 

Have a great time. 

Iza 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iza
    Hi @DannyMoore, it sounds like you have interesting hobbies to share with others. 
    I remember you mentioned earlier about Taekwondo as self-defence method of protection. 
    Have you ever thought to share your skills and teach young teenager Taekwondo? 
    I think you will easily find kids ready to practise it. 
    It seams like you know how to fulfil your free time. It is very important skill in life to know yourself and find time for getting busy. 

Iza 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness