Hi, my name is kelly53! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kelly53!

kelly53
kelly53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Kelly. 63yo service veteran who lives alone with my pets. Disabled after serving my country in war and now without any benefits after the DW&P took them. Suicide is now a real option 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelly53

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling so low, you are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Sam 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How are you feeling today @kelly53 - do you want to share a little more? We could see if we have any information or support that could help you. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    @kelly53
    please ont take that descion, your life is worth living and you are respected by millions for the service you gave to the uk . I agree with Sam you need to seek help if your feeling that low. Think of your pets what would happen to them if you ended things.
    Have you tried speeking or met anyone from the exservices charities like the one Prince Harry represents I'm sure they would help you to get your PiP reinstated. 

Hope things improve for you soon. And please feel free to chat some more .if you'd like

Brightness