As this is the coffee lounge..... Tea or coffee?! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

As this is the coffee lounge..... Tea or coffee?!

Comments

• Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Up to a few weeks ago I would have definitely said tea, pretty much a brew on the hour every hour. But then I suddenly went off it, after drinking it my whole life it suddenly knocked me sick  :s (and no I am definitely not expecting!!!)

So now the answer is coffee, especially the gorgeous packets of latte you make at home (so I will be getting fat for a different reason) must check out the coconut ones @Stayce mentions :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I have started using hazelnut milk in my coffee and it's delicious!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mojocain
    mojocain Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Herbal tea for me as caffeine worsens my tinnitus.Other than that I like applejuice / sparkling spring water, very refreshing. Brandy and beers too but rarely now as watching pennies !
  • Tanz82
    Tanz82 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Coffee for me 
  • junemccann63
    junemccann63 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Love my green tea. That's all I drink. As I've got to be aware of what I eat and drink it keeps me going.
  • Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Depends what mood I'm in! 
    Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom
  • Spottylegs
    Spottylegs Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Defo Tea even the Smell of Coffee turns me  :s
  • jenby
    jenby Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Tea for me, I just have one coffee a day now. 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Just spotted on Twitter that it's National Tea Day!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it time for my favourite tea and biccie based memes then?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2017
    There was once a tea and coffee museum in London, mainly devoted to tea, now closed.  I did go there many years ago,  Interesting.  Traditionally, Russians make their tea in a samovar, not a pot, and eat chocolate, not biscuits, with tea.
  • rachelcl
    rachelcl Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Such a shame that museum's closed - I'd have loved to visit it.
  • laila
    laila Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    I used to drink 2or 3 cups of tea in the morning but that started to impact my nerves . I replaced with tea with sugar at first then without. In Morocco we drink a lot of sweaty tea with menth, wherever you go people would offer you a glass.
  • lonewarrior
    lonewarrior Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Good old strong tea for me, It was the one constant when I was young, everything was an excuse for "get the kettle on we'll have a nice brew". Highly technical drink is tea! Big ceramic pot, one spoon of loose tea per person and one for the pot, prewarm the pot with hot water,tip out and add the tea,pour on freshly boiled water,allow to brew with tea cosy on,then first cup gets a third fill,second the same etc,back to cup one and what's in the pot is stronger so enriches the first weaker cup,once all are full top up the pot recover for seconds.
    I was chief tea maker as a young lad,still drink gallons of it now.
  • SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    Sam_Scope said:
    Coffee in the mornings, tea in the afternoon.

Has to be Yorkshire tea though! I'm a Yorkshire lass through and through!
    Good girl, keep the flag flying for us Tykes x
  • lynneholloren
    lynneholloren Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    For me its definitely coffee, if I could have an intravenous drip I would. Ive got 3 waiting now so sorry must have a drink now.
  • elanaoali
    elanaoali Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Tea two cups of decaf in the morning and afternoon. all tea has to be decaf and or herbal for medical reasons. Hate Coffe and think I have saved alot of money in coffee shops. My hubbie is a black coffee drinker has been since he was a student. Coffee in caferia decaf sometimes hot chocolate. Hot drinks cool you down in the heat and cold drinks heat you up as your body reacts to the coldness. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    What milk do people have in their coffee?  Regular, skinny or soya?  Usually, I have skinny lattes but sometimes soya lattes.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    For me as to be coffee but do like the odd cup of tea every now and then too.
  • BenCSH
    BenCSH Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Got too involved on the caffeine train for me, I stick to the herbal stuff now cause anything stronger gives me the shakes!

Brightness