Hi, my name is BeckyT! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is BeckyT!

BeckyT
BeckyT Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi all. I'm a Mum of two beautiful boys. My eldest 3 1/2 has multiple physical and behavioural difficulties. He's the reason I'm here really. We're just doing the ehcp process for him. My youngest is 18mths. He has ocular albinism. He's also a red head so can be fiery at times. I have ocular cutaneous albinism and am registered blind. My husband has no difficulties. He works full time whilst I'm now a stay at home Mum. I hope to return to work when the boys go to school. We're a very busy but happy family. Looking forward to hearing from others in a similar situation. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BeckyT welcome to the community!

You might like the Parents and Carers category, you can also find all the latest posts here and look through the categories here.

You must be so busy with two pre schoolers at home! How do you find being a stay at home mum? I stayed home till my kids started school and though it was a manic time, I look back on it now so fondly! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Hello and welcome, I'm sure your find many useful tips here and many mums in the same situation.
  • BeckyT
    BeckyT Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    I'm so glad you said that Sam. Yes it's really manic. I think it would be with children without disabilities but with having to squeeze in all the appointments too it's a bit bonkers most of the time. We have four medical appointments this week and I'm squeezing in a hairdresser appointment and meeting a friend for a bit of sanity too haha. I do feel very lucky to be able to stay at home with my boys though. They're not little for long. I wouldn't want to do it any other way. Even though I feel like I'm loosing my mind some days haha. Part and parcel of being a mum I think. 

Brightness