Hi, my name is AnnetteMc! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AnnetteMc!

AnnetteMc
AnnetteMc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Im New here And Just taking a look around for now xx

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnnetteMc welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AnnetteMc
    yes i will tell you a bit more about myself thanks.... I "Live" with CKD and its knock on effects And I also Have COPD Asthma and Rheumatoid Arthritis Plus Heavy fluid retention, Back problems, Partial deafness .plus I take tablets for Depression ... (I actually take More than tablets for depression and a Morphine patch) At the Moment My Husband is on ESA as he is still receiving treatment for Cancer.... My worry is That (Hopefully) When his treatment stops We will be forced Back on to JSA again ...
     I applied for Dla (before PIP) and was refused it By 1 point I appealed Went to court where there were only 2 on the bench and there should have been 3 I was Refused it again I couldnt beleave it!! That sent me into depression as In my head I thought that they thought I was Lying ... I dont think I have the strength to go down that route again But Im real worried That when they put us back on Jsa I will be Sanctioned And we will have nothing to live on or any means to pay our rent Its Not that I dont want to work Its more a Case of I just cant Physically do it 
    I use a mobility scooter to get about on its a Godsend or Id be stuck in the house again like I was before we got it... 
    I sound a right Moaning person What Im not I try and work through everything Life decided to throw at me And My smile Hides a lot away x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnnetteMc

If you are going to apply for PIP there is loads of information out there, you can find a detailed step by step guide to filling in the PIP forms here.

If you look through the PIP category you can connect with lots of other members about their experience of benefits.

You dont sound like you are moaning at all, it must be a very stressful time for you, I hope you enjoy being part of the community.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AnnetteMc

Brightness