Trikes for disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trikes for disabled people

kimmypink
kimmypink Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My story...

I'm 29, a mummy of one with mild cerebral palsy (basically I walk like I'm slightly drunk) lol and my balance is laughable so riding a 2 wheeler was always going to be a dream, however was given my freedom, my legs, my ability to run especially when in a mood whether that we upset, angry or just in need of headspace when introduced to the wonderful world of tricycle's... I had a little red one when a child then a imported workingmans from the USA which some little B****rds stole from my yard which was secured with motorbike locks so was carried out and over my gate. Heartbroken wasn't the word, they'd stole my legs my happiness my freedom... it took a lot of my confidence. Many years later I purchased a nippi trippi motor trike that was fun but had to sell so I could buy a pram for my then newborn I cried LOTS... lol...but mummy-hood comes first always, then my impulse buy a battery powered which again was short lived due to my legs not being strong enough to handle the weight of an already heavy frame plus an oversized even heavier battery pack and now...
This is my new toy which my dad helped me purchase yesterday it's a Di Blasi foldable trike... there manufactured in Italy and this is one of very few that I know of in the U.K. 

So thought I'd share my story just in case it helps someone who's disabled or elderly maybe to tell everyone there are opportunities different bikes/trikes available 

Comments

Brightness