Getting weighed in Slimming World — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting weighed in Slimming World

sarah_davies
sarah_davies Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I have ataxic CP so wobble when standing. Since Slimming World changed their scales, your weight is taken quicker, and the slightest wobble can drastically increase your weight. 

I am really sick of it, and wondered if anyone else here goes to Swimming World? 

Thanks 
Sarah 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Are they supportive in trying a few times to get an accurate weigh in?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    If they had two scales then a person could stand in a more natural and stable position with a foot on each.
  • emmac81
    emmac81 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I weigh people at my sw group you take as long as you need to steady your self the scales will not register your weight till you are steady so you will be having an accurate weight 
  • KirstenNutritionAdvisor
    KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Are they rushing you?

prehaps you could have a word with the consultant and ask to be weighted first or last so you didn't feel pressured and could take your time, would this be helpful? 

I understand this must be really frustrating for you.

There is is nothing worse than wanting to see results and being given a false reading making you believe you have stayed the same weight it gained weight.
    what I would say to you is try to remember although you want to reduce your weight I'm guessing the true goal is better health? I encourage my private clients not to weight themselves at all they get weighed with me because the goal isn't to improve your health it's not actually about your weight althiugh it may seem like it is. 

Try not to fixate too much about your weight, if you follow the plan you will lose weight! It may not show on the scales but it will be happening! I realise this is so much easier said than done but it will be so much better for you if you can try to allow your weight to not be the focus but your improving health. 

Another idea maybe to take your meaurements and watch them decrease. I have one client who didn't want to know her actual measurements so cut a bit of ribbon to the size of her waists, hips and arms and when she measures them she a pen mark then measure the cms she's lost which keeps her motivated. 

Your doing great don't forget that even if the scales can't measure how great your doing week by week your improvements will be noticeable before long. 

Brightness