JSA+Premium to Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

JSA+Premium to Universal Credit

Options
ggildas
ggildas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2017 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello all, newb here.
I can't find a definitive answer anywhere to this question.
I am getting PIP Care and Mobility.
Currently getting JSA + Disability Premium and will soon be transported to UC. Is there a top-up for people with disabilities within the UC programme?

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi ggildas

The short answer is unfortunately no.

There are three disability related elements to UC, the 'Limited Capability for Work' element (which is equivalent to Work Related Activity Group ESA, but from 3rd April has no additional amount attached to it), there is the 'Limited Capability for Work Related Activity' element (which is equivalent to Support Group ESA) and there is a Carer's element. None of these are similar to the disability premiums under the existing regime.

You should get transitional protection (i.e. the amount of UC would be the same as the amount of JSA you are on) if and only if you are subject to a 'managed migration' from the DWP, if not, then you would be well advised to try and bring yourself within JSA if at all possible and avoid UC until managed migration is conducted by the DWP.

Hope this helps! If you need any further info please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• ggildas
    ggildas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Mary,
    UC is a minefield. It would help all concerned if a Process Flow-Chart was available. A simple if "YES" then if "NO" then. One can only wish that the powers that be thought about the service user for a change.
    Again thanks, I will research "managed migration".
    Thanks
    ggildas

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.