blooming pip what they playing at? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

blooming pip what they playing at?

13»

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited July 2017
    @Jayne66
      It's difficult to say what that means without more info. about what is going on. I wonder if it's a typo and should read "copying". If so it's very bad not to be more clear about what caused such a potentially distressing adjournment. Are your support workers helping to get another court date? Can only suggest you ring the tribunal unless your support worker's going to ring them and ask for clarification of what was wrong with the document and what they're going to do about it. It sounds like DWP are sending a presenting officer to make up for there not being enough information for the panel to make a decision. Do hope you get another date soon. Does anyone else know what "coping" is?
  • Jayne66
    Jayne66 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    @wildlife,my fault I was typing so much & I thought I had put copying, which is what I should have put
  • Jayne66
    @wildlife,my brain isn't working at all. Only posted half the message. The support workers are going to call the tribunal next week for us. My stress levels have reached another level regarding this. I will fill you in when I have an update.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Jayne66 I wasn't getting at you, it never entered my head that you may have typed it wrong. I assumed that it was typed coping in the letter you'd received. Anyway glad to hear you have help and will know more next week. Keep us posted...x
  • Jayne66
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Jayne66,

Really sorry to hear about all this. I agree with my colleague Laura that if you can, complaining to the DWP is worthwhile. They have caused you a lot of stress and now delay because they can't even copy something properly! I suppose it could be tampering, but it seems more likely to be a mistake (the tribunal wouldn't accept an unclear document, so the DWP would always have been asked about it, and blank areas would be more likely to go against the DWP than against you).

Regarding the presenting officer, they are there to explain the reasons for the DWP's decision. They are usually only present if the appeal is complicated by here I wonder if it is connected to the bad copying, so that the DWP have someone explaining their reasoning & give more information if the tribunal ask anything about the copying issue.

It sounds as if you should get a new date soon? As Laura says there will be an email address for the HMCTS office which is dealing with the administration of your appeal. If the tribunal are still waiting for anything from the DWP then issuing a Direction would give the DWP a time limit, if they haven't already been given one. If the DWP are sending the presenting officer instead of a full copy of the home assessment report (?), I would expect the tribunal to ask a lot of questions about that! So all of this could eventually go in your favour.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• Jayne66
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to complain to the dwp about the whole situation. I feel like I'm taking 1 step forward & 20 backwards. I've taken my partner to the gp today & made a complaint about the locum who filled out the report without putting in the vital information. Also I have got more evidence that totally contradicts everything that's in the Atos report. Will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything 
  • Jayne66
    Just a quick question,should we send in the extra evidence we have to the tribunal board? 
  • jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    hi all got date for july tribunal.just wont to know has you know from my storie what points do i need to point out to them, do i point out about the assertors report that the ICE found too many inconsistencies with there reports little advice about what we need to pull them on please read my above story so you get the drift thanks
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Hi jjdd70,

Yes, you need to show the inconsistencies in the assessor's report, and as far as possible give evidence of where it is incorrect. You can see from one of my replies above (dated 13th Feb) which activities I think your husband should get points in. If you have raised these on your appeal form then the tribunal will ask about them, but you/your husband should get a chance to talk about any other difficulties too. Remember that they will want to talk to him, but you will get a chance to speak.

Jayne66, yes, if you have additional evidence, do send that in to the tribunal. 

For everyone appealing, if possible, sending in short statement which summarises the points you are seeking and why can be really helpful. This can be part of your submission (the documents you send to the tribunal). Local advice agencies can help you to do this, but the main thing to remember is to explain why you think each of the particular points apply in the relevant activities, bearing in mind the PIP principles. If someone can't do something safely, to a reasonable standard, repeatedly and in a reasonable time scale (no more than twice the time taken by someone with no health problems), then they should be regarded as not being able to do it at all and get the appropriate points.

Will

• jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    hi all my husband won tribunal on the  3rd july but just got a letter today the 15th from pip it says
    IM WRITING TO TEL YOU WEVE APPLIED TO HER MAJESTYS COURTS AND TRIBUNAL SERVICE {HMCTS}FOR A STATEMENT OF THE REASONS FOR THE DECISION MADE ON 3RD JULY.AS WE WISH TO CONSIDER APPLYING FOR PERMISSION TO APPEAL AGAINST THE DECISIION 
    i noticed it says as we wish to consider I'm guessing it doesn't mean they are and they are not is this a normal letter 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Hi jjdd70,

Yes this is completely normal. Unfortunately it means they won't pay you the PIP until they've decided what to do. They have one month from the date they are sent the written statement of reasons to apply for permission to appeal. If they decide not to apply for permission to appeal, then they have to pay the PIP, including arrears.

Unfortunately the DWP are doing this much more often and it increases the length of time you have to wait to find out if you are going to be paid. I'm really sorry - but for now, it doesn't mean that they will definitely appeal, and they might decide not to.

Will

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.