Trying to lose weight and feeling tired — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to lose weight and feeling tired

sammilaw
sammilaw Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi I'm an active wheelchair user with spins bifida, can't walk at all trying to lose weight any advice? Also I've recently went veggie and feeling tired more easily any tips?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sammilaw as with any big health changes, you should think about seeing your doctor before changing your diet/exercise regime.

I found this link to seated exercises and there are youtube videos included showing exercises for wheelchair users.  I always think that movement is as important to weight loss as diet.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Webbis
    Webbis Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Tiredness might be related to overall reduction in calories rather than specifically to the change to being veggie (NB Vegetarians don't eat fish -no food with a face!).  If you are still eating eggs and dairy you shouldn't have any problems getting all your nutrients - but you do need to think about what you're eating.
    I wonder whether you would benefit from having your iron and Vitamin D levels checked.
  • sammilaw
    sammilaw Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Danny Moore, as I am vegetarian, fish is something I am avoiding as it's meat, I am hoping one day to go vegan though. My health has improved lately, as I've started taking a multi vitamin and a vitamin d supplement which has helped a lot. Thanks for all the advice unfortunately stress is something I can't avoid as I am a very stressed out person naturally but I am working on it.
  • KirstenNutritionAdvisor
    KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hello I've just seen this, I would recommend you go and talk to your doctor it is possible that you maybe suffering from iron deficiency anemia or possibly low levels of B12 both are more likely to happen when someone become vegaterian and particularly vegan.

I would pop and have a chat with your doctor. 

Brightness