Depression with long term progressive illness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression with long term progressive illness

Dippy
Dippy Community member Posts: 10 Connected
had so called counselling b4 , it's the see GP wait for phone call asses your needs Ect then  sessions are  only short term , left in limbo , hate the term mental illness !!, people associate it with  off your head or not right in the head , it puts me off  going to GP Ect and limited resources are not at all good . I have COPD. Amongst other related illnesses , and receive PIP. Care and motability allowance , I'm struggling at the moment yet another chest infection puresy , my world as become smaller , and limited , I'm so depressed and down , the constent stress  from austerity cuts Ect , the next thing will be universal credit , bed room tax , was added to my rent , I'm in 2 bed terrace. With stair lift I have to pay for 2nd room ! Yet there are no other bungalows available or ground floor places available!!!  Local housing association have nothing ! It's all compounding to depression , so fed up need help !

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dippy have you asked your local council if you may be entitled Discretionary Housing Payment?

If you are a housing association tenant I would suggest emailing in asking if they are currently building homes and if so how many will be for disabled tenants. At best it may give you an early heads up of something in the pipeline so you can ask how to apply for one. Otherwise it would give them the heads up that these type of homes are needed.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Dippy
    Dippy Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    @Geoark the discrentory payment I looked into , it would only be a one off and as councils have cut funds , was not much hope , I've been on list a while but not often bungalows come up , most are looking to downsize  ! Thanks for the reply 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dippy Im sorry to hear you are struggling, I hope you can feel a bit less alone through chatting with members of the community here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness