Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Bennett57
Bennett57 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am 59 years old and new to the world of Eva can someone tell me how long l'm entitled to claim it? I will my pension due in 6 years affect this? I know these are obvious questions but l'm totally in the dark :)

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Bennett57 and welcome to the community.

You are aware that you will not be able to retire until 66th birthday?

Are you in the Work Related Activity Group or the Support group? Or are you currently applying? Short answer as long as you meet the conditions you will remain on ESA (Employment Support Allowance) until you reach retirement age.

ESA is for those of working age who for whatever reason cannot at that point be expected to find work. So once you reach retirement age you will move to state and/or private pension.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bennett57 welcome to the community - there is lots of information about ESA here for you to look through including stuff about eligibility.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You can also try filling in the benefits calculator here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.