General Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

General Advice

Options
CAIY
CAIY Community member Posts: 3 Listener
In a few months I will be running an event for children aged 11-16 with Autism, aiming to increase sports participation and also inform children/parents of sporting opportunities available to them.

I Joined the community to gain a better understanding of Autism.  
I have limited experience working with children with Autism and therefore wondered if anyone would be able to inform me more on what autism is? or any general comments regarding Autism?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    A lot of us have sensory issues. I, for example, find noise is painful. To the extent that I get migraine. I also find lights are painful too.
  • CAIY
    CAIY Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    That is fantastic Information. Thank you both.
  • shell2222
    shell2222 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    hello i send my pip forms off in february and capita sent me a letter saying they have received my claim and that there were looking at it and if i need a f2f then they would send me appointment that was on march the 10th i have not received anything back at all nothing not a word and it been 10 weeks now i am on dla so it's just a tranfer but surely they would of looked at my claim by now i no some people who had there assesment in bout 5/6 weeks then had the decision in under 10 weeks who's will be will same health provider as me i'm in wales so it will be capita in cardiff

Brightness