Support for my Partner — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support for my Partner

Tiger17
Tiger17 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My partner lives with a condition called Cerebellar Ataxia which effect his balance & speech. He also has Asperger's Syndrome and has a grade 3 brain tumour. He had 33 sessions of radiotherapy last May to help with destroying the cancerous cells in the tumour as they had noticed it was starting to transform. This year we recently went back and they told us the tumour had shrunk although not gone entirely. Reason they cant remove the who thing is due to his Ataxia as he would lose he line of vision and this would make life extremely difficult if he loses this well. He has been feeling very suicidal as he doesn't not want to live with this condition and in his words he wishes the tumour would end him.

What doesn't help is he has no social life (ie no friends) and I am the only one he has to support him. I am desperate to try and find him some form of help which is why I am reaching out on here. I am just finishing my last online session of CBT with italk and they have told to me reach out for support as this is the main area in my life where the difficulties remain and that is having no outside help.

If anyone out there can relate to any this or advise anything please let me know

Kind regards

Lisa

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.