Changing to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changing to PIP

Options
Blue Frog
Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
Hi just a quick question: My brother has been awarded PIP after being on DLA. It is due to start in July. I think he might get a couple of pounds a week more than the DLA.

Are we meant to be telling the other benefit people about the change in circumstances? He has ESA, housing benefit/Direct Payments etc? Or do they already know/don't need to?!?

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Blue Frog

I would always advise that you inform other departments that your brother has been awarded PIP, especially if he is getting more than he was previously with DLA.

Although computer systems are meant to pass on information to each other, this does not always happen. Sometimes there is additional money that could be claimed because of a higher award of PIP. You could check this out on https://turn2us.org.uk/.

Make sure you make a note of the date and person you spoke to in each office so that you know when and to whom you passed on news of the PIP award.

Laura

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.