PIP and epilepsy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and epilepsy

Chubb1
Chubb1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am really annoyed with the whole process of PIP.My daughter has Epilepsy she filled in all the forms,told the truth and now she has been told by an advisor that he can only find 6 points and he will not represent her at the appeal. As well as epilepsy she has two autoimmune conditions. She works part time and I am convinced that this went against her,however she is frequently sent home because of feeling unwell. Has anyone else been treated the same ,if so what did you do?  

Comments

• SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Hi @Chubb1. First of all you have come to the right place, and welcome. There are so many others going through the same thing. The advice on offer here comes from genuine people who have all been through the system. My advice to you is never give up its a long drawn out process and you will need all the help you can get. In some cases there is a positive result in others like myself you are constantly under the microscope. I was diagnosed with MS five years ago and have been through it twice already. Just about to do it all again. Incurable is not a word these people understand. We as disabled people have to go though enough without all the **** that is piled on us by the DWP and ATOS. There are trained advisors on here who will help you and support whenever you need it. I wish your daughter and you all the success in the world. Try and be happy every day and never ever give up. thats what the system want you to do.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Chubb1,

How are you? Have you heard anything new about your claim?

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with PIP. @BenefitsTrainingCo, can you help?
    Liam
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @chubb1:

Have you received any results yet?

See these Community Tips on PIP Appeals.

If you search PIP and Epilepsy in the search box above, you'll find similar discussions in both the Ask a Benefits Advisor and PIP/DLA discussion sections.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.