anyone having problems getting a disabled freedom pass/blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

anyone having problems getting a disabled freedom pass/blue badge

SeanRyan
SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
I cannot be the only person on here who is having problems with this. As everything now is online and you cannot speak to anyone. When your adviser at the job centre is giving you the wrong information. Anyone?

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    It's nothing to do with the job centre.

I had problems last time. Just hope I don't have the same problem next year.
  • SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    edited July 2017
    Your right @Nystagmite
     it doesn't have anything to do with the job centre. But when your disability advisor tells you "no chance you have to be on the highest rate of PIP to get one" I would say thats giving out the wrong information wouldn't you?
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Yes I'd ignore them. You can also get a freedom / bus pass if you'd be refused a driving licence for reasons other than drugs or alcohol.

Higher mobility for getting around does automatically entitle you; but there are other ways to get them.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @SeanRyan is it a particular issue with the online form you are having problems with?

Alternatively you can contact one of your local councillors. Who your councillors are, contact details and surgeries should be available on your council website. They should be able to go back to the council and arrange someone to contact you to help, or know the nearest resource centre who could help you.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    If you have a specific medical need and do not meet the pip criteria to get the bus pass. Try appealing to the passenger transport company in your area. If you supply them with enough medical information they may well issue a bus pass directly.  You can normally find the details of the company on line.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @SeanRyan

There ought to be some info on your council's website about 'other' criteria for blue badge qualification.  A different council it's true, but someone I know applied under the 'other' criteria, a person from the council came to their home and assessed them, and they got their blue badge.

Brightness