My partner failed her ATOS assessment, but now my ESA has stopped too - why? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My partner failed her ATOS assessment, but now my ESA has stopped too - why?

wing940
wing940 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Comments

• wing940
    wing940 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    If anyone can help I been claiming ESA and my partner is also claiming she fail atos assessment which iam acutely should fail because she was nest and tidy with clean clothes on how pathetic .any her ESA has stopped but mine has to ! Phoned them and there say I haven't claimed ESA mmmm well I been getting the money lol but now have stopped mine any ideas ????

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @wing940,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with ESA. I've moved this discussion to our Ask a Benefits advisor category, where our advisor and other members of the community may be able to help.
    Liam
  • dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    I am sure the benefits advisor will have much more info. RE ESA were you and your wife claiming contribution based ESA or income related. Which support group were you in, if you are in the work related group you only get the ESA for a year I believe. I think people in the support group get it for ever or until they are reassessed! I think you need to speak to the ESA people to find out more details re why the benefit has been stopped. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.