Chronic post tramtic stress — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic post tramtic stress

Options
herbie1958aa
herbie1958aa Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I suffer badly from ptsd can you give any advice on this issue Iam ex military iam currently on medication for this and have had help through combat stress but due to the influx of ex military showing signs of this they can only give so much time to each individual I just feel that I have been left hanging as there doesn't seem to be any after care help due to lack of funds.Iam coping the best I can thanks to family but only just there is days were I find myself crying and not been able to function in any normal way.

Comments

• RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @herbie1958aa

I hear from a lot of people who have had some support and help with their mental health but they are limited to the support they are able to access for several reasons, money usually features high in this list of reasons. This quite often leaves people feeling unresolved.

It sounds as though you have the support of your family and that will help with your recovery but nothing beats that professional help.

There are somethings that you can do such as getting to know your triggers, confiding in someone and looking after your physical health. It is important to give yourself time and not be too hard on yourself. It might also help if you can try peer support.

I'm wondering if you have tried talking to whoever prescribed the medication you are on and explaining how you are still struggling. I know that this can be very difficult but you deserve to get the help that you need.

Brightness