Any parents of children with SENDS in Norfolk had success with tribunal & school appeals? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any parents of children with SENDS in Norfolk had success with tribunal & school appeals?

Options
Lori64
Lori64 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2017 in Education

Hi have any parents of children with SENDS  in Norfolk had success with Tribunal and school appeals?????

Norfolk supposed to have the lowest appeals results for parents.

Tribunals for EHCP have been brutal thanks to NCC use of Baker Small solicitors abusive way with parents and children of SENDS - the attitude of winning at all costs.

Now found myself in the stressful position of going to Tribunal against NCC over EHCP and not getting a suitable school place for my son.

I visited CNS (City of Norwich school)  last year with Senco and PSA of Avenues Junior School. The Senco from CNS told me

"that if my son could not sit the minimum required 5 GSCEs then at the end of year 9 we would have to have that difficult conversation about this (CNS)

being the right setting for my son" - This is illegal. Why would I set my son up to fail by sending him to this school???????

EHCP should only legally take 20 weeks to complete - I started mine 22 nd March 2016 and it has not been finalised. Sent off amendments weeks ago

and still waiting to hear from EHCP coordinators.

NCC (Norfolk County Council) still not putting hours of support on EHCP - this is illegal practice and Norfolk Send Partnership has repeatedly told them this is illegal but they are refusing to change.

No looking forward to further stress and struggle to get the right support for my son. 

Comments

Brightness