Family problems — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Family problems

Options
minniemouse
minniemouse Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone my name is Aisha and I am a wheelchair user I am currently going through a very hard time with my family who I dont get any support from just trouble I would like to know do you (scope) deal with families as they have taken my daughter away from me and i am not coping or getting any help in this matter just so stressed out? 
Thank you

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @minniemouse welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.

Who has taken your daughter? What reason have they given? Do you want to give us a bit of background? Or if you would rather speak to someone in person you can call the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh, Aisha I am so sorry that's happened! Awful! xxxxxxx 

Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom
  • Kathy_Bramley
    Options
    (Not sure if those xxxxx's are kisses or swears. I think it might do double!  <3<3)
  • Kathy_Bramley
    Options
    I'm not sure this NHS page.
    is the best. And it has a link to net mums. I don't get on with the sire somehow even without reading a lot of it. The page is too busy for one thing.

Anyway,  I'm wondering if legal mediation might help. I don't know how you'd fund that, though there's internet fundraising account type places as well as any income you've got and possible grant aid from somewhere maybe!?

I'm not sure its legal for them to just take your child off you. A social services assessment if not already done might find ways to support you, though they can be the enemy especially in listening to a worried family member. There's a really good drama about a wheelchair user mum and boyfriend fighting to keep their baby but might be all too close to the bone. 
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Disability/Pages/help-for-disabled-parents.aspx

Brightness