Fibromyalgia and PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia and PIP assessment

adelepegg
adelepegg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have fibromyalgia I have had this for 6 years and I am o lot worse now as I can hardly walk and I am in constant pain I get pip but they have asked me to attend a assessment wwhat should I expect? 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @adelepegg welcome to the community.  

We have an FAQ section for information about PIP Assessments that might be of help to you.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lynneholloren
    lynneholloren Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I've got fibro as well and have had for a number of years you will find that there are many conditions associated with the condition and it does get worse as the years go by. You will find also that if you get injured or get an illness that over time your recovery period gets longer. There are various FB groups with members world wide and it is taken more seriously in the US or anywhere but the UK. You have to basically prove that the symptoms are not "all in your head" which is a well used phrase by the medical professionals initially. I fought for 12 years to prove I wasn't imagining my pain in the whole of my body.  Look in on the groups on FB you might learn something but as far as help is concerned try to get your GP on board and see if he can help, he might refer you to a pain management unit or a rheumatologist, its worth a try.
  • sellars09
    sellars09 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

hi   iynneholloren  u  sound  just  like  me .....  it  was  hard  work   the  Rheumatologist   was  amazing !!!

Brightness