Wheelchair — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair

darryl
darryl Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hi, has anyone else had a problem with Ajmhealthcare ? I was kicked off ESA in june last year and told i could work as long as i used a wheelchair. My Dr referred me for one in August and but I didn't get to have the assessment by an O.T until February this year because i was told the company was very busy. I was told 5 weeks wait by the O.T and 5 months later I'm still waiting and of course I have had no money from the government since last june. When I phone and ask the company they just say it's been ordered and it won't come any faster because I called. Now who do i speak to about this, im stuck with no income and no chance of getting one. 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi, Sorry to hear about your problem and welcome to the community.
    I would get back to your doctor and tell him the situation. Also try phoning the ESA helpline :0845 608 8545 I find they are a lot more helpful than the main numbers

• darryl
    darryl Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Thanks, I have been told that they have received my wheelchair and to expect a call..I will not be holding my breath..this government has got lots to answer for, people living with disabilities are being treated like they have deliberately become disabled just to claim benefits. I feel like I should apologise for wasting people's time and money. Thank god for family and great friends.
  • kazudeoji
    kazudeoji Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Have you tried contacting your Local Authority Adult Dissability Team, failing that your local counsellor and or MP. 
    Mrs Karen Udeoji
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @darryl,

How are you? Have you had any news regarding the wheelchair?
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @darryl

Welcome to the team/online community.

Have you had any joy with the wheelchair ???

Please please keep us up to speed with things ????

Brightness