Hobbies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hobbies

dedus
dedus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
my passion are birds of prey , I have worked and kept these birds for over 30 yrs , and they never cease to amaze me , they were my job for a long time , falconry , I have several birds of prey at home , and fly them regular , they are my inspiration that life is worth living

Comments

• BeccaShark123
    BeccaShark123 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Hi @dedus !

Birds of Prey sound amazing! I've been to a few displays with them before- they're very majestic looking, especially in-flight. What sorts of Birds of Prey do you keep?

We're more conventional in our house- we have a cat named George :wink:

Becca :)
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    That is an incredibly cool hobby. Do you live in the countryside? Can you post some pictures of them would be interesting to see :) 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @dedus,

Wow, that sounds fascinating! I was always mesmerised by the birds of prey shows you could see at your local zoo. I agree with @BeccaShark123 - they really are majestic!

Do you have a favourite bird of prey? I've always found eagles and owls particularly interesting.
    Liam
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    What a cool hobby! I love my allotment, going to gigs and reading.  I think my hobbies are a bit boring compared to you!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • dedus
    I love going to gigs too , used to be a punk , loved all the indie bands , went to download last year , used to go to a gig every week , get chased by skinheads lol
    i love to race bmw,s and motorbikes too , love in the fast lane , as well as draw and write :) I am sure your hobbies are full and rewarding as mine are :)
  • dedus
    The Eagles are huge and far to big for me to handle , a few of my birds have 4 and 6 ft wingspans , that's big enough for me , I have all the scars as well from their talons, sometimes the gloves are not thick enough when I handle them , hope you all like the pics , 
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    I have just Started to try new sports like Disabled Volleyball and others. but for me I love getting out in the countryside and love the coast too.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    @dedus s I draw the line at holding baby chickens lol. I could not handle them myself but I do like to see them at shows.
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I got new hobby adopt flowers pot look after it
    V.shaw
  • lexy51
    lexy51 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    I used to do loads of reading now I can't get past 2 pages without falling asleep.
    So my latest fad is crochet I'm teaching myself the stitches and new patterns from watching youtube videos.
  • ClydeBuilt
    ClydeBuilt Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    I lost touch with myself last year after I was sectioned, now a year later I still struggle to do the things I liked doing. More so now when DWP views such activities as a sign your 100% fit to work.

On my dark days I try to do something related to hobbies, perhaps not really doing that, but related to it. It helps me get some light on things for a little while.
    DWP seem to think everythings i in B&W mentally and physically...its not!
    The only thing I find 'instant' is the compulsion to end it all and put and end to the harrasment, theres no grey area there.

Brightness