Can I claim PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I claim PIP?

derek
derek Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer with dyslexic and anxiety and learning disability can I claim Pip

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited June 2017
    Hi @derek,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

Have you checked out our benefits calculator? It's a handy little tool which should be able to help you find out which benefits you are entitled to, including PIP.

We also have more information about PIP and the claims process on our website, which you may find useful.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @derek to answer your question. If you're between 16 and 64 yes you can claim PIP.
  • twister
    twister Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Would strongly encourage you to seek assistance with completing the application form from local advisory service or CAB as they have the information necessary to increase your chances of success, also it can take anything upto 8 weeks before you get a decision although I have known it take longer. 

You may also be called for medical assessment and they info on how to prepare for that also, as does this sight 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Derek.

It's great to have you on board!!!!

It would be a good idea for you to check out our "benefit calculator"

We also have info on our website with regards to the "PIP Process"

Please please let me know if I can help you with any off these???

Please please let me know if I can help with anything else ???

Steve.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.