Looking for advice - Cerebral Palsy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for advice - Cerebral Palsy

Lisajanejones
Lisajanejones Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi,my son suffered a severe tbi (Traumatic brain injury) in March last year. I had to give him cpr while waiting for air ambulance as he was unresponsive. He fractured his scull in 4 places and had bleading on his brain. He was on a ventilator for 2 weeks in intensive care. They told me not to expect anything from him. He also had hydrocephalus and had to have a vp shunt fitted he endured 6 operations on his brain in 6 months against all odds hes doing alot better than any of the doctors ever expected. He has cerabl palsy npw due to the tbi and ee will not knpw to what extent he has brain damage until he grows. He is Ng fed. Unsafe swallow cerabal palsy. Spasticity. Any advise or anyone with the same or anything i would be extremely grateful.

He turned 2 last month and still has his wicked personality and sence of humour. He laughs every day and is a very happy little boy. His strength amazes me! I am so so proud to call this little miracle my son! ❤❤

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @Lisajanejones:

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about all the difficulties that your son has faced, but he certainly sounds like an amazing little guy!

You'll find some great discussions here on the site that might be helpful. Have a look in our Parents and Carers discussion area and in our Cerebral Palsy discussion area.

I saw your earlier post, and I am going to combine them here, so they are in one place. 

It's great to have you here. Please let us know what kinds of help and advice you're looking for.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Lisajanejones,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I've moved this post into our Cerebral Palsy group, where other members of the community will be able to offer advice and support.

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisajanejones.

A very very big welcome to you !!!

Yes I had my B/I + Stroke in 1998 a the age off 32. From day one my outcome was very very bleak !!!!

Over many months/years I proved everyone wrong as I ticked every negative box

Please please check out both of our "Cerebral Palsy & Parents & Carers Groups.

If I can be of any further help please let me know ???

Steve.

Brightness