severe disability premiem — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

severe disability premiem

Options
frogy
frogy Community member Posts: 21 Connected
I every one I was awarded standard daily care 55.65 this morning I had a phone call from ESA people saying iwill be getting severe disability premium how much is this and will it effect my housing and council tax benefit I was on low dla filled pip form in January 2017 awarded standard rate daily on 15 june 2017 will I get any premiem from these dates back dated thank you.

Comments

• Lizzie58
    Lizzie58 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    The payment is approximately £62 a week and given on top of other benefits if you live alone and don't have anyone claiming  CA for you. Not affected council tax etc. I only just received but was back dated. 
  • frogy
    Options
    Thanks lizzie58 plebbound
  • Sue52
    Sue52 Community member Posts: 78 Courageous
    Options
    Hi my name is Sue, is it ok for me to ask a question as well? 
    I also receive the standard rate of PIP and at the moment claiming ESA. I was sent a form a couple of weeks ago regarding the severe disability premium. My daughter loves with me, so I assume I will not be entitled to it. Is this correct? 
    Many thanks and apologies for jumping in on the conversation 
  • frogy
    Options
    i sue I am sorry I am new to the forum I don't know myself yet I advise you ask a scope adviser plebbound.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi frogy

If you qualify for the severe disability premium (SDP) you should be paid the arrears from when you started to qualify, which is likely to be from when the PIP was awarded.

If you have been receiving a maximum award of Housing and Council Tax Benefits then there will be no change to these benefits as a result of the SDP. If you have not been receiving a maximum award then your award should increase as result of you qualifying for the SDP.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• jackie27
    jackie27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Hi  all I won my tribrule  of the 4 July it now the 17september still waiting for payments 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jackie
    Typically theDWP take 5-8 weeks to put an awward into payment following a tribunal decision
    Have you checked that DWP received the tribunal decision ? they often mislay them. Ring them to find out and also to find out why your payments haven't started.

Have you been advised that DWP have asked for a SOR ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.