Is My Dad Trying To Control Me With Fear? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is My Dad Trying To Control Me With Fear?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
edited June 2017 in Coffee lounge
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• cherri
    cherri Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Nobody can force you to move to the country if you don't want to. One of my close friends was having a terrible time with chavs in her street shouting abuse at her & her disabled son & the council rehoused her to a different area. She was advised to take the first available house to get a move quickly so she didn't really have much of a say on what area she went to but if she really didn't want to move the police, council & social work could not have forced her to.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DannyMoore do you have a good relationship with your dad? Is he usually supportive?

I can understand your frustration but perhaps he is just trying to protect you?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
  • dedus
    dedus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    What exactly are we talking about here ? I am a little puzzled , what is it you feel the need to be so troubled about ? And why would people perceive you as differant , in what way ? The way you think , or the way you look ?
  • [Deleted User]
  • dedus
    dedus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    I guess if you have been the target of a hate crime , founded or unfounded , it will wear you like a second skin , the people that feel the need to target you rightly or wrongly , ( there are two sides to every story ) will never give up , you are their plaything now , society has its own rules , police don't even dent it , if one of your accusers came on here , what would they say , and where would be their proof ?
    either your dad knows something we don't , or he is just seriously aware of the danger you are in ! Either way he is just trying to protect you , or himself and other family members , 
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @DannyMoore
    You seem to me  be very emotional. Why do you react to what people says to you on the street. You should ignore them first than I would suggest to change the energy and feeling into something positive. 
    Why don't you write a book about your life and perhaps what you went thought for yourself or share with others. 
    As long as I remember you do many positive things in life (talks in church, role model for children in schools, mathematics, playing piano). 
    People who have nothing to do and no passion in life will always gossip about others or make others people life miserable. Why do you care what the other people gossip/ say/ talk? You have your own life and take the best care of yourself. Leave others for themselves. 
    Anyway countryside as long as have a big lake is nice place to leave too. 
    I hope you have a good weekend. 
    Iza 
  • Roland
    Roland Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Hi @DannyMoore did the police register the hate crime against you as a disability hate crime?  If so, then you should have been offered the support of an officer from the Victim Support Unit who would be able to advise you about the choices of where you want to live etc.

Try also contacting the charity Victim Supporthttps://www.victimsupport.org.uk/?gclid=CMyL-t-M2dQCFU-T7Qod8RANCw

• [Deleted User]

Brightness